House Committee

Minutes of the  House Committee Meeting - Friday 10th February 2017.

Those Present:- Ruth Epton, Allan Epton, John McGuire, Ryan Pudney, Donald Stuart, Paul Ellis, Mike Foster, Mick Jackman.

Apologies:- Angie Ellis

Septic Tank - The Septic Tank for the club house requires emptying, Ryan will call to get it booked in.

Bungalow - There is an ongoing damp problem in the bungalow, however JM dug a trench and filled with shingle, during last summer. At the moment this seems to have cured the problem. We will keep an eye on this throughout the winter.

Reserved Parking - Tony Lake has supplied us with some 4" Angle iron, AE is going to use this to lift the signage in the car park, he will also put a concrete base down for the flower pots to go on.

Bar Shutters - The bar shutters need replacing, however we are looking into repairing them for now and will monitor them.

Misc - The carpets in the club house have been cleaned.

New hooks and tie backs have been put up to all the windows in the club house, and repairs done accordingly.

The fat trap from the kitchen is regularly cleaned out by Phil.

Most of the benches have now been Stained/oiled there are just 3 large benches to do, 2 on the patio and 1 by the 1st tee. These will be done in situ due to there size, when the weather gets better

AOB - It has been suggested by a member to JM that a sign be erected at the top of the lane pointing to the golf club. RP to get a price for this.

It was also mentioned that the Chairman's sign is broken, MF agreed to get a price for this and the aforementioned.

JM reported that a piece of flooring in the gents is starting to lift, this require some repairs in the near future.

RP has been approached by a member asking if it would be possible to have a handrail down both sides of the staircase. This was discussed and the same conclusion reached that the staircase really isn't wide enough to have one on each side.

MINUTES OF THE MUNDESLEY GOLF CLUB HOUSE COMMITTEE - 26TH OCTOBER, 2015.

Those Present:- A. Epton, R Pudney, D. Craske, C Bray

Apologies: M. Foster, J. Assheton, G Nightingale, J McGuire, R Shreeve

Minutes taken by A. Epton

1. Drains: Work is needed to upgrade the soakaway from septic tank, with new shingle and perforated pipe. The estimated cost for this is £2,000 + VAT. This is allowing for extra shingle to re-dress the car park area at the same time.

2. Kitchen Gas Safety Work: The new fan will be fitted on 2nd November. This will complete all work necessary to bring kitchen up to requirement for Gas Safety Regulations.

3. Painting of the Kitchen, Entrance Hall & Stairs: It has been discussed and agreed with Phil Swash to decorate the kitchen in early February. We will then endeavour to carry out all the decorating at the same time. Hopefully will get volunteers within the club to help with this.

4. Patio Furniture & Benches: Allan Epton has agreed with Richard Plummer to have these put undercover for winter, then take into shed in spring to stain/paint before putting back out.

5. Soffit & Fascias: Allan is getting estimates for Scaffold to aid with repairs and painting or UPVC cladding to all Soffit, Fascias and Barge Boards to the Clubhouse.

6. Waste Bins: The Ladies section had offered to purchase a new waste bin for outside front entrance to the Club House, or by the path off the 18th Green. This has been rejected by the committee.

7. Patio: The patio needs some attention as some of the slabs are loose. This is a job for spring.

8. Flat Roof: The flat roof requires an inspection for soundness, this matter is in hand.

9. Other items brought up by John McGuire have been discussed at previous meetings and are all being dealt with.   

MINUTES OF THE MUNDESLEY GOLF CLUB HOUSE COMMITTEE - 31ST JANUARY 2015 

Those Present:- A. Epton (Vice-Captain), M. Foster (President), R Pudney (Manager), D. Craske (Captain), J. Assheton, Gill Nightingale, John McGuire.

Apologies: C Bray

Minutes taken by A. Epton

1. Kitchen Extractor/Gas Safety Work: 3 prices for work required, with a decision to follow, but work needs to be carried out as soon as possible.

2. New Fridge: 3 quotes to be obtained. Funds have been offered by the Social Committee towards purchase of fridge.  

3. Painting of the Kitchen: I will be looking at getting a working party together as soon as Kitchen Extractor has been serviced and any parts replaced.

4. Kitchen, Crockery, Cutlery and Place Mats: A selection of these items need replacing due to general wear and breakages. Need to liaise with Reg Shreeve on finance for these items.

5. Decorating: Painting to the external doors, front entrance and information sign by the 1st Tee to be done shortly.

6. Pipework in Gents Changing room: Possible boxing in and or painting to be carried out shortly.

7. Gents notice Board: These are getting tired and worn, so I’m putting prices together for replacements.

8. Gents Changing Room Floor: This flooring is in a poor state and needs replacing. Prices and expertise to be sought before decision is made.

9. Bucket Chairs: Some of these chairs are in need of repairs. I will look at these and see what is possible.

10.Staff Uniforms: 2 Shirts, 1 Waistcoat, 1 Pair of Trousers for bar staff are needed. Need to liaise with Reg Shreeve on finance for these items.

11. Patio: Patio slabs to be relayed with modification to reduce steps, with possible ramp to improve access.

12. Patio Furniture: Tables and chairs are in a poor state and are in need of replacing with new. Looking into prices and styles for new.

13. Flat Roof: The flat roof to the club house needs a regular 6 monthly check for soundness for insurance requirements. Hopefully we will find a club member to help with this.

14. Hanging Baskets and Tubs: I will speak with Peter Allsop to see if he would be willing to carry on doing these for the club.

15. Driveway: Although the drive has been re-surfaced with loose hogging, we feel this to be only a temporary solution. So will look into costs for Tarmac, with any chance for a grant, and also speak to Chris Payne with a chance to sharing the cost.
 

Minutes of the Mundesley Golf Club House Committee - 18th September 2012

Present: Dave Crosby(chairman),John Mcguire,Bridget Roper,Ian Ritchie(Captain)

Apologies: Reg Shreeve,Ann Sterling,Ryan Pudney,

There was an agenda with 10 items the last one being A.O.B.
Before we started the agenda their was a list of 7 jobs which had been completed .
1.Old telephone cable tidied up in entrance hall.

2.New water tank fitted in bungalow and ceiling in kitchen repaired.

3.Sign post now fitted on post near men's changing room(Thanks to Stuart Craske,Tony Lake and Richard
Stackwood for donation of sign writing,bits of wood and metal to this project.

4.Fat trap fitted.

5.New vertical soak away fitted.

6.Old buggy charging box dismantled(electic point dead).

7.Water boiler repaired in kitchen(parts free,had to pay for labour) and old type boiler
purchased as a spare.

Item
1.Estimate for repair of patio still to be sought(Priority next year).

2.Steps near ladies changing room to be removed or cut down in size.It was felt this might not need doing if problem with sinking patio is solved(the water may then not run off down side of steps and brickwork)

3.Barge board on clubhouse(patio side) to be painted and will be done in conjunction with mens c/room redecoration(which has started)

4.Kitchen ceiling needs redecorated(hopefully in quiet time).

5.Flooring by cooker in need of repair and sealing in the near future.

6.Hole in kitchen wall(in hand).

7.Chris Kemp to carpet benching in mens c/room when decorating finished.

8.Canopy above old pro shop to be relocated above patio doors if felt necessary after item 1 is fixed.

9.Tiles to be fitted below hand drier in men's c/room.                              

10. A.O.B
A.Honours boards are been made for replacement of full ones.
     
B.Tile to be refitted on club house roof.

   
                                                              Dave Crosby.
                                                            House Chairman

Minutes of the Mundesley Golf Club House Committee - 30th July 2012

Present: Dave Crosby(chairman),John Mcguire,Bridget Roper,

Apologies: Reg Shreeve,Ann Sterling,Ryan Pudney,Ian Ritchie(Captain)

There was an agenda with 13 items the last one being A.O.B.
Before we started the agenda their was a list of 4 jobs which had been completed .
1.Window catches in bar area replaced (Thanks to our Captain).

2.New taps fitted in kitchen.

3.Cistern in mens toilet area repaired.

4.Hand drier purchased for mens c/room and is now fitted .

Item
1.Sign post(awaiting signage).

2.Estimate for repair of patio still to be sought..

3.Steps near ladies changing room to be removed or cut down in size.To be done in winter months

4.Barge board on clubhouse(patio side) to be painted and will be done in conjunction with mens c/room redecoration(which has started)

5.Kitchen ceiling needs redecorated(hopefully in quiet time.

6.Flooring by cooker in need of repair and sealing in the near future.

7.Hole in kitchen wall(in hand).

8.Chris Kemp to carpet benching in mens c/room when decorating finished.

9.Old electric buggy charging points to be taken away (This has now been taken down)

10.Canopy above old pro shop to be relocated above patio doors.(David Briggs offered his services).

11.Old telephone cable still to be disconnected in foyer.(This has now been done)

12.Fat trap to be fitted in conjunction with new soak aways,as soak away clogged up with fat(renosteel to start soon)

13:A.O.B
A:Tiles to fitted on wall under new hand drier in men's c/room.
   
B:Ceiling in kitchen of bungalow in need of repair.                                    
   
C:Water boiler in kitchen blew up, only 15 months old, 3 months out of  warranty(Ryan has spoken to the supplier and they will repair or replace with a new one
          
                                                              Dave Crosby.
                                                            House Chairman

Minutes of the Mundesley Golf Club House Committee - 5th July 2012
 
Present: Dave Crosby(chairman),Ryan Pudney,John Mcguire,Ian Ritchie(Captain),Bridget Roper,

Apologies: Reg Shreeve,Ann Sterling

There was an agenda with 14 items the last one being A.O.B.
Before we started the agenda their was a list of 6 jobs which had been completed .
1.Wooden windows replaced in men's c/room.

2.Sealant around kitchen sink done.

3.Air vent near pro shop has been sealed.

4.Contract canceled for initial towels.

5.Electricity feed for new hand drier in men's c/room has been done

6.Ladies hand drier has been replaced with a more powerfull one(Given by Kevin Cushion)

Item
1.Sign post(awaiting signage).

2.Estimate for repair of patio still to be sought..

3.Steps near ladies changing room to be removed or cut down in size.To be done in winter months

4.Barge board on clubhouse(patio side) to be painted and will be done in conjunction with mens c/room redecoration.

5.Kitchen ceiling needs redecorated(hopefully in quiet time.

6.Flooring by cooker in need of repair and sealing in the near future.

7.Hole in kitchen wall(in hand).

8.Hand drier to be purchased for men's c/room.

9.Chris Kemp to carpet benching in mens c/room when decorating finished.

10.Old electric buggy charging points to be taken away or cupboard they are in repaired.(if we think they need to be kept).

11.Canopy above old pro shop to be relocated above patio doors.(David Briggs offered his services).

12.Old telephone cable still to be disconnected in foyer.

13.Having an outside fat trap from kitchen to be looked in to.

14.A.O.B.  none                                       

              Dave Crosby.
              House Chairman 

Minutes of the Mundesley Golf Club House Committee Meeting - 15th May 2012
 
Present: Dave Crosby(chairman),Ryan Pudney,John Mcguire,David Briggs(co-opted),Bridget Roper,

Apologies: Reg Shreeve,Ritchie(captain),Ann Sterling

There was an agenda with 17 items the last one being A.O.B.

Before we started the agenda David Briggs addressed the house committe on his building project of relocating  the ladies toilets,pro shop and office.David with his expertise as a builder and with his band of workers
We have had many compliments from members and guests on the recent alterations.

Item
1.Sign on post to be errected in next 3 weeks

2.Wooden windows in mens c/room, to be replaced with plastic ones in next two weeks.

3.Carpet in foyer has been fitted also thanks to Chris Kemp and his wife for donating the carpet for the stairs.

4.Estimate for repair of patio still to be sought..

5.Steps near ladies changing room still to be addressed.

6.Barge board on clubhouse(patio side) needs painted and will be done in conjunction with mens c/room redecoration.

7.Kitchen ceiling needs redecorated(hopefully same time as mens c/room

8.Sealant around sink in kitchen needs redoing(same time as windows in mens c/room)

9.Flooring by cooker in need of repair and sealing in the near future.

10.Hole in kitchen wall(in hand).

11.Contract with initial for roller towels to be cancelled

12.Two hand driers to be purchased one each in the ladies and mens c/rooms

13.Two blinds fitted in new office.

14.Offer from Chris Kemp to carpet benching in mens c/room.

15.Hand rail has been fitted in one of ladies toilets.

16.The fitting of another handrail on stairs up to the bar was discussed .But it was rejected as it would make them to narrow.

17.Two items were brought up in a.o.b
A.Air vent outside pro shop need sealing.
                                                
B.Old electric buggy charging sockets and box ouside store needs repair .
                                                
C.Old telephone cable for payphone needs removed.
                                                
D.move old cannopy autside old pro shop and relocate above patio doors.

              Dave Crosby.
              House Chairman
 

Minutes of the Mundesley Golf Club House Committee - 21st March 2012
 
Present: Dave Crosby(chairman),Ann Sterling,John Mcguire,David Briggs(co-opted),Bridget Roper,Reg Shreeve

Apologies:Ian Ritchie(captain),Ryan Pudney


There was an agenda with 18 items the last one being A.O.B.
Item
1. Alterations to ladies c/room/toilets/office have finished. Pro shop should be completed by 27th march a great job done by david briggs and his band of helpers.

2.Two fence panels have been replaced near beer cellar.

3.Rotten white post replaced near mens c/room,also posts and rails painted

4.It is intended to put a hardwood post of about 3ft high (on top of tall white post)with arrowed signs to 1st tee,pro shop,office and club house entrance.

5.Two estimates obtained for replacing the three wooden windows in mens c/room

6.Entrance hall to be tiled by eastern carpets and Chris Kemp the owner will tile the stairs as a gift from himself and wife Gill.

7.Estimate for repair of patio which has sunk near club house by 4inches (also walls each side  of patio are not tied into brickword and lean)has been sought.

8.Steps near ladies c/room to be taken away or reduced in width as no drainage of water away from brickwork above damp course (could cause damp problems later)

9.Barge board on clubhouse needs rubbing down and painted( will be done in conjunction with decorating mens c/room)

10.As been mentioned by a few members who have seen the ladies c/room it was said the mens  c/room needs redecorating.I have 4 members come forward to help with this. But i will put a notice up to try for a few exta pairs of hands.

11.Kitchen ceiling needs redecorated.

12.Sealant around kitchen sinks needs resealing

13.Floor by cooker in need of repair and sealing.

14.Hole in kitchen wall(old water heater taken out) in hand

15.Replace roller towels with dyson airblade hand dryer approx  690 pounds inc vat(cost of intial towels 101 pounds a month).(unanimous vote by committee members present to proceed)

16.Replace ladies hand dryer( usless) and paper towels( 25 pounds a month) with a dyson.(unanimous vote by committee members present to proceed).

17.Estimate sought for two blinds in new office.

18.Two items were brought up 
A.Patio tables and chairs in need of repair (may need replacing in in the next year ot two).

B.Stairs up to bar very steep, it was asked by the ladies if their was a possibility of putting a hand rail on both sides.


              Dave Crosby.
              House Chairman
 

Minutes of the Mundesley Golf Club House Committee - 19th December 2011
 
Present: Dave Crosby(chairman),Ann Sterling,John Mcguire,David Briggs(co-opted)

Apologies:Ian Ritchie(captain),Bridget Roper,Reg Shreeve,Ryan Pudney

This meeting was called to find out the progress of the building works that are been carried out in the ladies changing room,pro shop and office. Also to ask john mcguire if their was anything we needed to be aware of
that needed to be addressed.(He will produce a task list in order of importance).

David informed us the work was about one day behind schedule,he also gave us a list of what had been done and names of members who have given him help(i will pass one on to each board member).

He also brought to our attention that the patio had subsided nearly 4 inches near to club house which meant the rain water not draining away from outside wall but was seeping below damp course.

The steps near ladies changing room where also a problem (the side near wall) as this was stopping rain water running away and forcing water into bricks and soil below damp course.

The walls each side of patio had also moved(had not been tied into outside wall).

Builder has been contacted for his opinion and estimate of repair.
 
John stated fence panels near outside beer cellar in need of repair and two fence posts near mens rear changing room door are rotten(needs replaced) and fence needs painting.

 

                                                         Dave Crosby.
                                                            House Chairman